Voting

Monday, March 7, 2011

Makin' Goals!

I made a commitment this weekend to myself and to my husband. I'm going to train for a 5K! Not that I necessarily desire to run a 5K. I despise running. It makes me hurt just talking about it!! But I need to get in shape. After 17 months, I'm still carrying around "Jada weight" and I'm sick of it. And I'm sick of being sick of it. And I'm sick of being sick of it but being too full of excuses to do anything about it. As much as I despise running, I despise being overweight more. OK... I'm not overweight. The doctor confirmed that for me. In his words, I'm "within normal range" for my body type. But I don't like it. I'm heavier than I should be. So I'm doing something about it.
So this is the plan: I found a well laid out plan called "Couch to 5K." In 9 weeks, it will take me from a nice and easy 20 minute jog/walk to running 3 miles in 30 minutes.
Based on the timeing of this schedule, I'm signing up to run the Sunburst 5K. If I start this week, I will be running by the first week of May which still gives me 1 more month to actually train on the "running" part.
But there is a second part to this goal. I'm certain that this will help me lose the weight I need to lose, but I need an end goal. So this is it.... by July 12, 2011, I want to be back to my wedding weight and I will wear the bikini I wore on my honeymoon (I may only wear it for Nate, but I WILL wear it!!) :)
That means I have 4 months to lose 20 pounds. That is totally doable.... so I'm gonna do it!!
I'm also hoping in the midst of this, the improved self-image and time spent focusing on me will improve my mental state... Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment