Voting

Friday, December 14, 2012

Checking in...

“so...uh.... How are you feeling??"
My husband and doctor asked the same question, on separate occasions, in the same tender way... Their voices filled with genuine care but also fear that they were asking the wrong question at the wrong time.
Thankfully, my answer came much easier than their question. I'm feeling great!! What a joy to move through this new phase of life with a clear mind and a true appreciation for all i have. And all without the help of pills!
Yes, i realize it has only been 10 days. I know my switch can be flipped at any moment. I know the odds are still stacked against me and there is a good chance i will again have to climb the rocky mountain of my life known as ppd that i have climbed twice before. But for the moment i am rejoicing in the truth that, at least for now, I am free from that bondage!
I pray that these emotions do not change...that the Lord will shield me from those demons this time around. But i also have no doubt that whatever i face in this life, i will not face alone. He will always be by my side, holding my hands through even the most difficult journey. I covet your prayers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment