Voting

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Time to go Public...

I've decided that it is time to make this blog visible to my friends and family. It took me a long time to come to this conclusion. As much as I want to share my story and start a dialogue that may start the next leg of my recovery, it's hard. It's hard to open myself up like this -- to be so transparent.
So if you choose to read and/or follow this blog, this is what I ask of you:
  • start from the beginning. do me the honor of going back to the very beginning and reading it all. that way you know where i've been, where i'm coming from, and why i am where i am right now.
  • forgive me. i have felt things and said things that i'm not necessarily proud of. but that's all part of this ride i'm on right now. i've chosen to not judge myself for these things but instead forgive myself and move forward with a greater understanding of God's love and grace. i ask that you do the same.
  • challenge me. if i didn't want to talk about these events and emotions, i would not be allowing you to look into this part of my life. i need to talk, i need to share, i need you to share. this will all help me move into the next stage of my recovery. so leave comments, ask questions, share your story, call me.... do whatever you need to do, but engage yourself. and engage me.
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank Kari for sharing all of your inmost deepest feelings and for the mom/wife that you are! I know enough about the situation because I remember talking about it with you after you had Jada, but it impresses me that you are working so hard at healing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari. Thank you for sharing your story. I know we've talked a little about depression in the past... I can relate to so many things in your posts. You really are an amazing person and your strength and the way you are fighting is really an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete