Voting

Monday, October 25, 2010

Confession time.

I was nearing the end of my doctor visit. Everything looks good. Doc is finishing up his notes and ready to send me on my merry way. I was relieved. Throughout the whole exam I was dreading the moment that he would ask about my emotional state. If he asked, I would have to tell him the truth. But here we were at the end of the appointment and he hadn't asked! I was going to be able to leave without admitting my failures!! His computer closes and he starts to stand. And suddenly I am struck. It hits me like a brick wall. I have been torturing my family. They have had to deal with my moods. My tempers. My meltdowns. All because I am being selfish and prideful. So I start to speak and the tears start rolling. I admit that I've been suffering from the baby blues. Except this time it's much, much worse. Maybe more like full-blown depression.(Then I start to feel bad for crying.... so I apologize.... sheesh!!!) He calms me down, explains that there is nothing wrong with what I am feeling and this is not uncommon at all (all things that I know, but it was still good to hear)
Then he gives me the one thing I really, really did not want...

No comments:

Post a Comment