Voting

Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Friends and Family...

Just in case I ever decide to "go public" with this blog, I thought it would be wise to offer a little explanation.
After Jada was born, I suffered from post-partum depression. I have created this blog as a way to help myself work through all the of the emotions that I have felt and am still feeling and to try to get past this stage of my life.
I'm not sure yet what form this blog will take... to you, it will probably just look like a bunch of random thoughts thrown together, but for me it will be more like therapy. (I hope!)
As I write this letter, I am still not ready to share my story and feelings with the world so this is just my journal. However, I know there may be a time that I feel I need to share my story in order to feel closure so that I may move on. So I wanted to journal in a way that would be easy to share in the future if that is what I decide to do.
DISCLAIMER: I want to remind you that, to me, this is a journal. A place to share my innermost thoughts. Therefore, there may be times that I share some feelings and emotions that may seem graphic and maybe even unnecessary to you. These are real feelings that I experienced. I am not proud of these moments, but I also do not apologize for them. They are emotions that were completely out of my control and in order to forgive myself for them, I need to spell them out -- I need to put them here so I can finally remove them from my conscience so I don't have to carry them with me for the rest of my life. That is the purpose of this blog. Thank you for understanding and for not judging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment