Voting

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shout-outs

There are a few people in my life that have been with me through the last 15 months in a way that know one else has and while I will never be able to thank them enough for their support, I'm going to try one more time here....
Nathaniel.... You are my #1. Words will never be able to express how grateful I am to have you as a husband. You have been on this roller coaster with me from the beginning. I am certain that you have wanted to jump off a time or two, but I'm so glad you stayed right there in the seat next to me. You didn't understand my feelings. You didn't understand where I was coming from or where I was going. You tried to understand, but I wasn't able to explain myself. Thank you for picking up where I left off. Thank you for taking care of me and our family when I felt physically unable to do so myself. Thank you for encouraging me when I needed encouragement. Your work isn't done yet, buddy. I fear there are still some more of those times ahead of us... but I'm trying my hardest to be the best wife and mother I can possibly be. But in the meantime, thank you for loving me even in the "worst" times. I'm glad to know I married a man who didn't just recite a few words on a Saturday afternoon a few years ago -- you said your vows and made promises to me and you are committed to not breaking those promises. I also promise to always be there for you... for better, for worse.... in sickness and in health. Love you, babe!
Mom.... There are times I am certain that you are one of God's angels. So many times I've wondered how I will ever make it through the next 5 minutes, let alone a whole day. And before I can even throw up a prayer for help, you come prancing through the door and you save the day. Thank you! Thank you for loving me unconditionally!! And thank you for stepping into the 'mother' role when I just can't be mommy.
Amber... I'm so glad I broke my own rule about making friends at work... what would I do without you??! You have been such an amazing friend from the very moment I met you. I just want to tell you thank you letting me vent to you. I know you never felt these feelings, but you allowed me to talk to you about them anyway and you never, ever judged me for them. And you even took me "Christmas shopping" at one of my lowest points so that my husband could do something wonderful for me. I will forever be grateful for your friendship!
Tiffany... OK... you haven't been there for me for the last 15 months, but I'm sure if we would have known each other that long ago, you would have been. :) I am so thankful to God for the new friendship I have found with you... I've already spilled my heart to you, so I won't do it again. But I just wanted to make sure to thank you, too.
There are so many other people, too, who have prayed for me and loved me and really come through for me when I needed them. Although there are times I feel like I have no one, in reality I have so many friends and loved ones!!!! I am blessed... and I am living for the day that I am able to just wake up and know that without having to convince myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment