Voting

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A bad mom??

Some days I just feel like a really bad mom... today is one of those days. I just don't have the patience to be a mom today. And what is really sad is that both girls are being really well-behaved. I just so badly want to be by myself!!! If I hear, "mom-mom! mom-mom!! MOM-MOM!!" one more time, i may very well blow my top. So I stepped in to save me and my girlies from my bad attitude and I just put in a movie so I could have some alone time. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but it will do in a pinch...
I am so blessed to be able to stay home a few days with these girls. I would not trade this opportunity for the world!! But there are definitely occasions (like today) that I would just love to be responsible for nobody but myself. I would love to sweep the floor and know that no one was going to be walking right behind me leaving a crumb trail. I would like to fold the laundry without "help." I would like to finish the dishes and not have to clean up a puddle off the floor when I'm done. I would like to go to the bathroom by myself (can I get an AMEN here??!)
Don't get me wrong... I love my kiddos more than life itself... in fact, even as I write this and try to give myself an attitude-adjustment, Jada is absolutely cracking me up with all the new discoveries she is making on the desk. (yeah... I can't even write by myself...)
Well, I think I'll go lay EE down for her nap, say a prayer for my sanity, hope that I can get Jada to lay down, too, and then get some work done around this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment